Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.31.2011

Well, that's a bit different...

For breakfast this morning, the kids voted for pancakes, which are really about as easy as breakfast can get.  Throw a few chocolate chips in with them, and the kids couldn't be happier.  Of course, between syrup and chocolate chips, you have to deal with kids STARTING the day on a sugar rush, but, hey, put them in their room, and then block the door with a 40 pound box of ammo, and that problem takes care of itself. 

I was in search of something a little different, and decided to try something I swear I saw on either Diners, Drive-in's and Dive, or Man V. Food.  You take your pancake, sprinkle in some sausage and/or bacon, and then as it begins to set, you drop an egg in the middle of it. 



Let it go for a bit, then flip it until your egg reaches your desired level of 'set'.  I'm an over medium type of guy.  Butter it up, and drop it on the plate. 


For toppings, I went with syrup instead of hot sauce, and well, it was okay.  It didn't blow me away, but it was heartier(and harder on the heart) than what the girls were having. One of those things I guess I am glad I tried...but, I am not sure I will rush to try it again in a hurry.  Maybe if I had had some left over bacon from yesterday instead of just sausage, it might have been more 'blow me away' factor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment