Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.28.2011

Oh, Liam...did you really need a paycheck THAT bad?

For most of my life, whenever I have heard that Liam Neeson was going to be in a movie, it was easy to assume: 'Oh, a serious movie...no need to see that'.  Not that he made bad movies(quite the contrary, they were quite good, Schindler's List, Rob Roy, and Nell are all good, good movies) but when I was younger, I didn't always have a lot of use for serious movies. 

Around the millenium, this started to change.  Roles as Qui-Gon Jinn, worlds weakest Jedi, Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins, and the voice of Aslan began to give him some serious 'Entertaining Movie' cred(not that he didn't deserve that already for 'Dark Man').  In, this peaked with the unexpectedly excellent movie 'Taken'.  Neeson nailed it, and was totally spot on in a great role in a great movie. 

Should have stopped there.  I didn't see 'Clash of the Titan' or 'The A-Team' but I didn't hear much good about them.

Today, I found myself watching the newly released trailer for 'Battleship'(based on the game!) and I was unable to look away from the horror, which mean I saw Mr. Liam Neeson in there slumming it with likes of bikini model Brooklyn Decker(not a bad person to slum with...hubba hubba), Rhianna(another hubba hubba I wouldn't mind slumming with) and lots of CGI aliens. 

That's right...the (Based on the game!) movie 'Battleship' has aliens in it.  And it must be about time travel also, because there is screen shot of an Iowa Class Battleship firing a broadside, and the Navy hasn't had an active battleship since the USS Missouri was decommissioned in 1992. 

Given the interest in the genre crossing Cowboys vs. Aliens, I would have been much more interested in a WWII Era Task Force encounters some aliens movie than I am in this piece of feces...

No comments:

Post a Comment