Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.20.2011

Once again, I might just be easily impressed....

A story with a somewhat local tie caught my eye this evening...it seems that doctors at Washington State University in Pullman, have replaced the injured front leg on an African Tortoise with a swiveling wheel

How cool looking is that!

picture borrowed from the AP article...

What blows my mind, in retrospect, is that this had to be done by doctors at a fairly decent 4-year(PARTY!) University...I mean, they removed the front leg and used GOSH-DARNED EPOXY!?!?!??!!?  to attach the wheel.  Jim Bob could have done that in his garage...the lucky guy might have even gotten some racing stripes while he was in there...
 

1 comment:

  1. Just a comment from someone who has lived in real life.
    I hope that turtle doesn't have to navigate any weedy stuff in the future....

    ReplyDelete