Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.27.2012

What...do you think you are running for President?

It must be contagious.  After this last year of near endless Republican Primary Debates, Rob McKenna, current AG Republican candidate for Governor has challenged Jay Inslee, former US Congressman and the Democrat candidate for Governor to FIFTEEN Debates over the next few months.

Hey...I'm all for putting Inslee on the spot, and despite the fact that I am pro-McKenna(not perfect, but, who is other than me my wife?) even I will probably stop paying attention after the 7th or 8th time he trounces Inslee.

For his part, Inslee has agreed to three debates so far.  I'm much more interested in what percentage of the debates occur East of the Cascades.  As someone who grew up on the West side of the state, and pretty much ignored everything east of Manastash Ridge where I went elk hunting, it's interesting to be on the ignored side now.

 I thought Dino Rossi had a chance to break this habit, but after losing three state-wide elections while just about sweeping everything other than the I-5 Corridor, if anything, he reinforced the Truth that the Everett to Olympia stretch is what really matters in this state.

No comments:

Post a Comment