Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.13.2012

I just can't get away from it!

While cruising the internet machine, looking for something to make me mad enough to rant about, I instead found this article in the Tri-City Herald:

Crane slows 'pencil tank' removal at Hanford plant (w/video)

Hey...that's what I do for a living!  Well, close to that...the Plutonium Finishing Plant, as a whole, is a bit nastier than the Tank Farms.  PFP is where they made the poop, while Tank Farms is where we store the poop, so, things were/are a little more controlled at the Tank Farms.

It's close enough to what I do that I could show my wife the video, which is new for me.  For most of my married life, my wife had had to take what I do on faith.  She's never been able to see what I do.  They don't exactly give tours of submarine reactor compartments.  All I've been able to tell her is that it is nothing like what they show in Hollywood. 

Except for Homer at the beggining of The Simpsons.

Of course, now she is more worried about it than she was this morning, but I told her that since I'm a manager, I'm the guy outside the tent, telling the working guys not to lick the pipe. 

I'm not sure that made her feel any better. 

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/03/13/1862197/crane-slows-pencil-tank-removal.html#storylink=cpy

No comments:

Post a Comment