Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.07.2012

Oooo! A nugget, a nugget!

I first learned about the show Doomsday Preppers because one of my co-workers, knowing I liked to 'stock up on things', mentioned it to me.  My wife and I have watched it from the beggining, and for the most part, while it's kind of neat to see what some folks choose to focus on, I haven't really learned anything other than: Man, wouldn't it be nice to be to be rich, so I could have a 4500SF house, three rooms of which are supply storage.

Since that's not going to happen anytime soon, it would be nice to pick up a neat idea or two, and last night it finally happened. 

The show was focusing on a family outside of Atlanta, Georgia.  Not being a place with a lot of trees to hack down, the man of the house had his family making home made 'presto logs', with shredded newspaper amd crumbled cry leaves.  It was nothing I had ever seen before, and is the type of reason I have sat through 4 weeks of this show.  Not that I'm going to start making my own presto logs...but it looked like an interesting skill to have.

Of course, the very next person they focused on is a kook who is going to hide from the Fukishima Radioactivity in a Wall Tent for the next 4 months...

sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment