Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.10.2012

Burn the witch!

My wife pointed out this story to me this morning, about a 5 year old girl who was left at Chuck E. Cheese, al a 'Home Alone'.

Ummm.  Ummm.  Ummmm.  Wow.   How the F*%$! do you FORGET A CHILD!?!?!?!?!!  I mean, if I'm out a public place, I get twitchy if I don't see my kid for about 10 seconds...

Damn.  I've got two girls...I have been to Chuck's more than once, and I know a bithday party at Chuck E. Cheeses can be a mind numbing experience...but how do you rememeber the presents, but forget the Birthday Girl?

Then you don't realize you don't have that kid until you're trying to figure out why there is an extra bowl of cereal in the morning. 

I don't think that is the type of mistake you 'get a second chance' on.  Take away the kids, lock up the parents, and throw away the key.

Besides...who has a 5-year olds birthday party at 9:30 on a Thursday night?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my Lord. I was reading this and thought "Huh. When I read about it, it said it was a 3-year-old." Then I clicked the link and realized you're talking about a completely different small child left at Chuck E. Cheese: http://tinyurl.com/75ykr5h The parents in that story figured out their child was missing when they saw her on the news. What the heck is WITH people? This is two kids in like a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but while inexcusable, the Maryland case at least had the whole 'seperated parents making an assumption' thing going on. The one in Texas doesn't have that excuse I don't think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assclowns...the world is full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Believe me, when my ex and I were separated, we were both very careful to be certain who had the children. I don't know of anyone who doesn't keep careful track of that sort of thing; it's the sort of thing that will look really bad for you in front of a judge. (Not just losing your kid, but shrugging and figuring it's okay for the other parent to have them during one of your times of possession.)

    ReplyDelete