Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.17.2012

The Horror...and the Pleasure.

I came home after work today to find out something heinous had exploded on my stove:


You don't even want to know what's under the pot lid on the right.  Once upon a time, I may have reacted poorly to this...but, I've learned to be a little bit more understanding...especially when the counter next to the stove looks like this:



She started with 5 pounds of plums, 8 pounds of blue berries, and about 2 pounds of black berries.  She ended up with 37 jars of various size and various contents: Black Berry/Plum Jam, Plums and Blue Berries in syrup, Blue Berry Butter, and Blue Berry Pancake Syrup.  There is a half filled jar of the Blue Berry Butter in the fridge that I got to sample, and it's 143% AMAZING. 

Heck...it would be worth it even if I had to help clean the kitchen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment