Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.13.2012

In quite a pickle...


After many times watching my wife slave away in the kitchen making tasty jams and butters and applesauce and cherry sauces, I finally decided to lend a hand tonight.  There were a total of 13 zucchini begging to have something done with them, so I picked up a knife and started cutting, and getting a brine going while my wife took on the supervisory role. 

I took the easy way out on the brine by buying some Ball Pickling Mix.  Add some water, add some vinegar, bring it to a boil, and pour it ladel it carefully over some zucchini you've sliced and packed into a jar.  Put a lid and a ring on them, and half-an-hour later you've got 8 pints of zucchini pickles.

I'm glad it was so easy...I forsee two or three more batches of these getting made over the course of the growing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment