Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.13.2012

It's out of control!!!!!!

The recent stretch of both warm(and hot) entirely sunny weather has caused quite the growth explosion in my garden. 



Look at that hubbard squash run! 

And yes, obviously, I continue to learn lessons about tomatoes...like, you know...give them twice as much room as you think they need, and spend the money to buy/build real cages around them instead of just putting a pole on each one.  Plus, it wouldn't hurt to put some kind of border in between my squash and my tomatoes...as it is I have to cut the squash back every two days to keep it out of the tomatoes. 

The sun flower continues to amaze me, because I don't know where it came from...I really don't remember planting it. 



The zucchini, well...we've pulled 21 zuchini off them this season so far...15 in the last two weeks.  Tomorrow night we are planning on whipping up a few pints of zucchini pickles, otherwise there is going to be no way we can keep up with them.  7 plants might have been too many.

My peppers have prospered the most from the sun...we pulled two jalapeno's and two sweet peppers off today, as well as a few cherry tomatoes. 

If results are what matter, then I'm very happy with the garden...it's just nothing that's going to end up in Better Homes and Gardens. 





No comments:

Post a Comment