Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.30.2012

Lost it.

I had it.  I swear it was floating around in my head all day...an idea for a post. 

Then I got home and had to get dinner going(fried matzoh.)

Then I had to harvest today's zucchini and cherry tomato haul(next year, 2 or 3 cherry tomato plants...not 6).  While doing that our next door neighbor gave me a bag with about 5 pounds each of potatoes and onions from his garden(that's all he plants).  I offered to give him some zucchini or tomatoes, but he begged off after looking at my garden.

Then I had to mow the lawn.  The longer I am in this house, the more I think the 'decorative rock with a few raised beds' landscape idea is stellar.

Then I had to take a shower after mowing the lawn. 

Then I had to make myself feel better by thumping on a couple of 12 year olds, since it's kids week on Jeopardy.

And somewhere along the way...I lost my post idea. 

Stay tuned.   

2 comments:

  1. When I had a huge surplus of cherry tomatoes, I got out my dehydrator and made dried tomatoes. If you've ever priced them in the store they are quite expensive.
    They're easy to dry in a dehydrator; just knick each tomatoe slightly to help them dry faster, and stack them in and start up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife keeps mentioning that plan. We've had a delay in that though because she keeps finding other uses for the dehydrator. This weekend we were able to pick up a 20 pound box of appricots for 60 cents a pound. Half went into jam, and the other half went into the dehydrator, where they hid for about 48 hours...

    ReplyDelete