Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.07.2012

Shandy? Dandy!

All things being equal, I will choose a darker beer over a lighter beer: Amber Ale vs. Pale Ale, Scotch Ale vs. Hefeweizen, Porter or Stout vs. Pilsner. 

Sometimes though, things aren't equal.  When the mercury creeps up past the 85-90 range(as it did at about 11am this morning) a 'dark' beer is sometimes more than I want to have, and I might actually make the decision to drink something 'yellar.' 

Yesterday, at the new Mid-Columbia Wine and Liquor store, I saw something that looked like it might have some flavor, despite being yellow: Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy.  Made with real lemonade flavor!

It's pretty tasty...good lemon/citrus flavor, without being too sweet, like a Mike's Lemonade.  Not that I'm making fun of Mike's Lemonade, or any of the Hard Sweet Teas or Ciders...I'm a fan of them too.  It's just that some of the time, you still want 'a beer', and not just a carbonated alcohol beverage.

As always the best part of drinking in the summer is I'm usually a cheap drunk...when I spend the whole day with just the little bit of a 'summertime glow', I find I'm always at least a little bit dehydrated, and alcohol usually hit me just a little bit harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment