Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.03.2012

And, I'm spent.

After 4 days of driving, and 3 nights in a hotel, today at 3:00, we completed our primary objective...touring the Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman. 


To put it as simply as possible, the girls had a blast...all the girls.  As much fun as my daughters had looking at the dinosaur stuff, my wife had in the Tinsley House Living History Farm. 


Inside, once you went upstairs, you found a room taken over by two sweet old ladies working with the Fiber Arts...one running a spinning wheel, the other a weaving loom. 

My wife was in heaven.  I think she was flat out jealous of our daughters when the sweet old ladies let them sit down on the loom.




What you can't see in this picture is my wife trapping sweet old lady #2 in a corner for about 20 minutes talking about The Fiber Arts. 

Good time had by all, it was back on the freeway, heading west...each mile taking us closer to the real world. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have a picture of myself by that very same dinosaur in Bozeman, from a ski trip with the kids long ago. Love the quote from Glory Road - one of my all-time top ten favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat museum, and worth the trip. I'm a bit of a Heinlein fan, in case you couldn't guess. Dig your site...it will help me find some new stuff to read.

    ReplyDelete