Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.05.2012

Home

Ah...we made it home...and it IS nice to make it home.  We found a few surprises waiting for us from our kitten(one plant knocked off the window sill, and one of my wife's needle felt dolls ended up on the floor and destroyed. 

A quick tour through the back yard showed that my container tomatoes were 2-3 days away from disaster...the dirt was dry, and one of them was showing signs of wilting, but only a few hours after a good watering, it's already perking up.  The rest of the garden is looking good...too good.  I'm seriously thinking of doing some serious tomato sacrificing.  I've done some pruning and trimming, trying to avoid cutting off anything with flowers or tomatoes on them...but, things are getting awfully crowded. 

I had 5 zucchini waiting for me, and another 3 or 4 will be ready to go in a week or so.  The small ones will get used tonight or tomorrow, the two bigger ones will end up in bread, muffins, or fritters.  I sense that the zucchini are getting ready to start coming faster than I can handle...time to start looking at a few pickling recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment