Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.02.2012

Ask a question, get an answer.

As we settled in for dinner tonight, my youngest daughter surveyed the spread on the table, and those around us, turned to my wife and asked:

'Mommy...why does every dish have meat on it'?

My wife, in one of the great all time answers said: 'Because, we are in Montana, honey.' 

That kind of sums it up...the place even had Montana in the name: The Montana Ale Works. 

In an attempt to be good, both my wife and I had salad...but because neither of us were THAT good, she had chicken on her salad, and I had steak on my caeser salad.  The girls had chicken fingers and fish and chips.  The chicken strips were REAL pieces of chicken, and I can't vouch for the fish, other than to say that my daughter inhaled it, so it must have been good.  As a side dish, the pepper parmesean fries were outstanding.  Both of our salads were good, and hit the spot as something half-way healthy after two days on the road. 

Of course, since it's called Montana ALE Works, we had some beer...once again, three of them, which is one for her and two for me, which is the most I dare drink learning a new town.  Unlike Tamarack, MAW doesn't brew their own beer...but they carry a lot of stuff from local breweries. 

My wife had an OB-1 Organic Ale...and it was more of a brown ale than an amber...it was quite tasty, and very mellow.  It might have been better than my second beer, Bitteroot Belgian Wit, but not better than my first beer, Jack's 90 Scottish Ale.  I like the kind of smokey flavor of a good scotch ale. 

If I lived in Bozeman, I would have no problem visiting Montana Ale Works on a regular basis.  $3 for any pint is a great happy hour deal...much happier here than I was at Tamarack the night before. 




1 comment:

  1. The game never plays the very same way twice, in light of the fact that each sim has their very own inspirations, and there's no real way to tell how things will wind up playing out.
    Get The Sims 4 Cheats 2019

    ReplyDelete