Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.14.2011

Heck, just add some violin and flute...

Earlier, Brigid posted a video Metallica doing Nothing Else Matters, with the San Francisco Orchestra, a version of the song I had not previously heard.  I thought it was quiet good, but, I have to admit, I'm not the biggest Metallica fan.  I will not argue they aren't a good band or anything like that...I just never would have put them in my top 5...I think they are just that slightest bit too hard for me to fully enjoy.  I'm more the Areosmith, AC/DC and Kiss level rock...which, brings me to my favorite mash-up of Rock and Roll and Symphony genres.

In 2003, Kiss recorded a new live album/DVD with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Kiss Symphony: Alive IV.  This version of Detroit Rock City is from that concert:


No comments:

Post a Comment