Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.30.2012

People!

I'm not a big 'city' fan.  When I was a teenager, the subburbs on the East Side of Lake Washington we still individual towns...you knew when you had gone from Kirkland to Bellevue, and from Bothell to Woodinville and then into Redmond.  Sometime the late 90's though, that began to change.  The areas in between the towns filled in, until the whole of 405 was one big collection of latte stands. 

Traffic is one of the things that bothers me the most...sitting in traffic.  Between my time working at the Bangor Sub Base, and not working at Hanford, I have had a 30+ minute commute for most of my adult life...but that 30 minute commute has covered 20+ miles, which is a fairly pain free commute.

A couple of times during this last visit with my mom we found ourselves stuck in traffic...not long, like 10-15 minutes making it through choke points...but it still got in my head.  The whole drive home yesterday, I kept picturing this scene from The Matrix.  There are times I agree with Agent Smith. 


No comments:

Post a Comment