Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.16.2012

Probably cutting that close enough...

As a little bit of self-assessment, it's amazing how much less motivated I am to hit 'send' on my Turbo-Tax account this year owing money than I usually am getting money back. 

Early last year, my wife and I made the tough decision that instead of rolling over my retirement acount from the Shipyard to my new job, we would just cash it out to ensure we had some extra cash on hand to be able to write a bigger check, to cover a bigger loss at the eventual sale of our house. 

It hurt at the time, because they take a chunk off the top, and it hurts again now, paying taxes on all the income. 

Guess I'l be waiting a while to get that Barret 99. 

No comments:

Post a Comment