Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.11.2012

Well, it could have been worse.

After a 2 week stretch in Washington where 2 children had been killed, and one seriously wounded because of negligent gun storage and handling accidental discharges, things were pretty quiet the last week or so.

Until Easter that is, when the 10-year old daughter of a Spokane Police Officer shot herself in the leg with daddy's duty weapon. 

The incident happened on Sunday, but the Police Department didn't release any information about it until Tuesday, which kind of chaps my hide a bit.  I don't think we need to 'make an example' of this guy because he is a police officer, but I also don't think he deserves extra care and consideration for that reason either.

'We waited a couple days. We wanted the Sheriff’s Office to have an opportunity to investigate. Also, for an officer who was trying to care for a 10-year-old daughter,” Spokane interim police Chief Scott Stephens said, the delay “just felt more appropriate.”

And, if my daughter had accidentally shot herself in the leg with one of my guns, would I have been given some quiet time to care for her? 

I'm sure more will follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment