Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.20.2012

20 is the new 24.

One of the things Commander Zero often talks about is what he calls 'Hidden Inflation', or what you could refer to as the 'shrinkage' of food/consumables packages at the grocery store, while the price stays the same. 

I saw another example of that at the store yesterday.  For the life of me, I used to think that canned soda came in 6 packs, 12 packs, and 24 packs.  Well...yesterday, I noticed that Safeway was having a sale on Coke Products...$7 for a 20 Pack.  Hmmm...I haven't seen a 20 pack before.  I've seen the popular 'golf size' 18-packs of beer before, but not a 20-pack.

Have to keep an eye on the bottles...see how long it is before you are buying a 1.75 L at the store instead of a 2 Liter. 

1 comment:

  1. I had the same problem @ the local Safeway. turned out WallyWorld continues to sell the 24 packs, for less than SF does 20!
    At least in my area.

    ReplyDelete