Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.12.2012

Hiding

Today was my wife's 32nd Birthday.  I didn't entirely forget about getting her a gift, I just didn't follow through on ordering her gift far enough in advance. 

About 3 months ago, she took a tea making class.  Ever since then, she has been talking about planting her own herbs and making her own tea, and how much easier a food dehydrator would make that process. 

Hey...not the most romatic thing, but after 11 years together, stuff starts getting functional(I mean, for my birthday in May, I think I may be getting a stand-up freezer for the garage). 

A quick little bit of research and I found out that the square/rectangle dehydrator are usually much more efficient than the round type.  Excelsior used to get the best reviews, but on Amazon, the reviews of their last few generations have fallen off a bit.  I ended deciding on a L'Equip unit

I'm not totally a failure as a husband...I stopped at an actual florist(not a grocery store!) on the way home yesterday and bought her a custom bouquet of aster's and carnations. 

The birthday cake was the easiest I had ever had since getting married also.  Back in February, we attended a fund-raiser for our homeschooling co-op, and in the auction, we won a custom cake from a lady here in town. 

Heck...she even delivered.



As you can see, it's a little different caliber than the cake I cranked out over the weekend.  It's also a Bunco cake in addition to a Bunco night...the first Thursday of every night my wife plays in a Bunco group, so she is hosting 11 other crazy ladies tonight.

Maybe I'll even get a piece of the birthday cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment