Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.15.2012

Ah...

Well, my wife is on the way to the airport with my Mother-in-Law.  It hasn't been a bad visit.  Heck...the part about getting an overnight break from the kids was beyond 'not bad'. 

There are only two things I really don't like when she visits...first, and most serious, is the effect it has on my wife.  Like most grown-up daughters, she tends to take everything that comes out of her mom's mouth as 'judgement'.  Sometimes it is...but not 100% of the time.  This tends to have my wife on a constant edge...which doesn't make her as sweet and kind and amazing as she usually is.

From a personal standpoint, while I enjoy company, I HATE having long term visitors, whether is a mother-in-law, a mother, or the Swedish Bikini Team.  I can't be ME when someone else is in the house.  What does 'being me' involve?   Well...realistically, a lot of sitting around in my skivies, as opposed to always needing to to weat a shirt and shorts/lounge pants.

Yup...look into the horror of my world...

No comments:

Post a Comment