Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.06.2012

Well, that wasn't bad...

My wife has this vision, that one day(or even one dinner) a week, can be meat-free.  I'm not sure WHY she has this vision(she talks about things like 'saving money' and 'general health'...but I think she is really just trying to test my love for her.

As you might be able to tell, I am not very supportive of this meat free 'dream'.  I don't need a slab of steak every night with dinner, but some meat, even as an accent(like ground italian sausage in spaghetti sauce) is highly desired.

Last night, I was not home for dinner.  Some of use from work got together for beer and wings to send off one of my co-workers.  My wife seized on this opportunity to foist a 'meat free' dinner on my kids, who are too young to defend themselves. She made up a pot of Rosemary White Bean Soup.  One of my kids really liked it, and the other said it was okay.

I didn't see a polite way to decline bringing some into work for lunch...and so, I simply resolved myself to taking the hit for love.

You know what...that soup was pretty okay.  More than okay...it was really good.  I even made sure to tell my wife that.  Now...I'm not saying a little bit of sausage or bacon in it wouldn't have made it PERFECT...but if she wants to make this soup again...I'm okay with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment