Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.24.2012

Ooooo...the Rage, it burns!

I usually try to avoid the linking/stealing of other folks post ideas, especially when that person is Jay, and chances are if you are reading me, you are also already reading me, since there are orders of magnitude differences between our readerships, but I didn't think I could ignore this story today

Jay approaches this from a 'look how DUM bureaucracies are with their zero-tolerance policies and automatic thresholds for certain problems' viewpoint, which is a valid viewpoint. 

What caught my attention though, is the flat-out horror and sadness I feel for the poor family that got this letter. 

I've never lost anyone close to me as an adult.  I would have to imagine that at the two month point, you are past the 'sitting on the bed in your daughters room, looking at her stuffed animals' stage, and starting to try to get on with your life.

Then you get this letter in the mail, telling you that your daughter can't go to the prom. 

Would you like lemon juice, salt, or both in that raw emotional scar?

Retardiculous. 

The story says a spokeman has appologized, which is lame.  Something this horrible should be addressed by a personal appology by whatever equals the Secretary of Education in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment