Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.08.2011

More people seem to be getting it...

While patrolling the Seattle news stations for a rant-worthy story, I instead found this headline:

Learn 'urban self-reliance' at libraries this fall. 

I'm pretty jealous...Not all the classes catch my eye, but I would LOVE to be able to attend a free two hour class on apartment gardening or Keeping Chickens in the City, or finding edible weeds in your yard.  I have books that talk about that kind of stuff, but I am certainly someone who learns much better by listening and observing than I do from flat out reading.  I occasionally have visualization problems...I LOVE reading, I just don't always learn the best from reading.

Maybe I need to send my wife to visit my mom a few weeks over the fall...she can drop off the girls and go attend a few seminars...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment