Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.14.2012

Your mission, if you choose to accept it...

My wife, being a 'share the pain' type person, volunteered to accept some of the load in her bunco group by hosting their monthly get together for September.  My job was to keep my kids out of sight and out of mind so they didn't break up the mojo of the ladies playing the game.

The easiest way to do this is to get them out of the house, which at a minimum means dinner, and then something. 

Last night for dinner I took the girls to Bob's Burgers and Brew, and then an exciting sweep through Wal-Mart and Target.  Bob's is kind of a grown up version of Red Robin...the burgers are pretty good, and while the fries/Jo-Jo's don't blow you away, you aren't going to leave hungry.  Plus, they have a decent selection of beers on tap, which was more important to me than my daughters(the selection last night was a 24-ounce Irish Death, from Iron Horse Brewery in Ellensburg). 

My daughters, being at a place specializing in hamburgers, both decided to order the Fish & Chips.  Luckily, my wife had previously made this choice when we stopped in for lunch(must run in the family), where we found out the fish and chips are at least as good as the burgers. 


At Wal-Mart and Target, we succeeded in our primary goal of finding toilet paper, but failed to find a power cord for a our Wii, which is currently not working.  We get a red LED light on the unit, but it won't start, meaning power is getting to the console, but the console can't do the right thing with the power. 

We have had the Wii for over 4 years, which means it's nearing the end of the service life expectations for modern electronics.  It might just be time to replace the whole unit instead of hoping a new power cord fixes things. 

2 comments:

  1. Read Robin has pretty good Fish and Chips. My wife would not be thrilled if I took my son to a place with Brew in the name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF I had not previously had lunch with my wife at said restaurant, she would probably have the same look on her face I can imagine your wife having on yours. As it was, she kind of said, 'yeah, whatever'...and it was a real 'yeah, whatever', not a 'testing to see if I make the right decision 'yeah, whatever'.

    ReplyDelete