Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.26.2012

I appreciate your assistance, now leave.

Several times over the course of the summer, I've found a helpful mantis puttering around in my garden, and I've always done my best to not disturb her. 

Today when I decided to mow the lawn when I got home from work, and luckily I'm used to keeping an eye out for toys and rocks the kids leave in the yard, so I was able to spot my favorite mantis before accidentally running her over.  In fact, I had to dodge her about 3 times, before leaving a 3 X 3 area unmowed.

Stupid?  Maybe, but I just think they are neat bugs.

In other news, I'm fairly pleased with the pictures my new Droid 4 takes.

3 comments:

  1. She looks good and I don't blame you for not wanting to mow her. So is your vision 20 5 or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have noticed her if she wasn't moving. Someone pointed out I could have moved her with a stick to finish mowing the lawn, but what's the fun in that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos. They are one of my favorites too. I don't even think of them as bugs, since I generally don't like most bugs. I see them as warriors, and on our side if I have a fondness of warriors, even enemies if they are... worthy and pure in what they are.

    ReplyDelete