Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.08.2012

The day after

Date night with my wife last night was a pleasant experience, but after a little bit too much 'richness', I'm paying for it today.  It's not a hangover, even though my wife and I did splurge and split a whole bottle of 2006 Red Roan.  Without going into too much detail, my tummy just feels a little blah this morning...nothing a few tums can't help turn around, I hope.

We had dinner out on the patio, and it's the perfect time of year for it...we hit 90 yesterday in the Tri-cities, but we are in that time of year where you are only hitting that high for about one hour in the afternoon, then it starts cooling off again.  By 6:30 when our dinner started, it was back in the 70's, and by 8:30 when we wrapped up desert and coffee, it was 68, so...that's some good timing. 

Once again, without sounding too much like a pimp, just let me say that Tagaris is one of the two or three places you must visit if you come to the Richland, Washington area.  It's possible that dinner, for what you get, is a shade overpriced...but, their lunch menu, and 3-6 Happy Hour Deal are worth it.  During the summer they have bands playing on the patio, and most times, it's a fairly non-intrusive type band.  Last night was a perfect example, with the music provided by a band out of Bellingham named Polecat.  They call themselves Americana/Stomp-Grass...and what they were was perfect background music for an evening out on the patio...pleasant, and there, without being loud enough that you couldn't talk. 

After our nice dinner, during which we discussed many serious, child-free topics, we still had some time to kill, so, we headed to Barnes and Noble, because sometime kid-free shopping is the most romantic thing you can do.  That lead to the only real bummer of the evening for me, because I found out that B&N in Richland didn't have Monster Hunter Legion on the shelf yet...which makes sense, because according to Amazon it's not released until the 9th....but for some reason I was getting my hopes up.

Finally, I do need to indulge in a bit of bragging, because my wife looked smoking hot last night.  She continues to make progress on her diet, having lost 63 pounds.  Last night was a big night for her, because she was able to fit into a pair of jeans that she had set aside for 'someday when I lose the weight'.  Plus, because she is smarter/more disciplined than me, and didn't try to eat ALL of her appetizer, AND main course, AND desert, she still fits in them today, without feeling all bloated and blah!






2 comments: