Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.18.2012

And I lived to talk about it.

Usually, on Sundays, I try to make a decent dinner for the family.  It's something I can do while bouncing back and forth between the kitchen and the TV, and still feel like a good dad/husband.

This weekend though, Operation Apple took over most of the stove and counter tops, so we had to take a shortcut route for dinner.  With hamburger helper on the menu, it seemed as good a time as any to try one of the jars of ground beef I made up a month and a half ago. 

Upon opening it, it smelled like beef.  I dumped it right into the pan, which might have been a mistake...there was a lot more juice in the jar than I thought there was.  Next time, I will dump the contents of the jar into a strainer first, to get rid of most of the juice.

Other than that though, it was meat!  And no one had any bowel problems after eating it, which is a big plus.

Score one for home canning!

No comments:

Post a Comment