Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.11.2014

But the race is only so long...

The wife of one of my friends posted this on facebook, and it took major effort on my part to not reply in a snarky manner(which I seem to do too often). 


I'm not going to argue with the fact that some kids learn at different paces...or that even the same kid will learn different topics at different rates.  We homeschool, and even thought I am not the primary teacher, I'm willing to bet I am more involved than your 'average' father.

What can't be overlooked though, is that there is only a finite amount of time to get the kids to learn...so, in a way, it IS a race.  You only have 18 years to produce functional adults, and learning the basics, like reading, writing and math, make that job easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment