Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

1.01.2013

Unlike The Macarena...

Some things never get old or go out of style.  The Beattles, Neil Diamond, a great bacon cheeseburger, and Ford Bronco's...I'll never get tired of them.

While watching the Rose Parade this morning with my daughters, I was reminded of something else that never gets old, even though it's the same every time...

Service members surprising their families when they don't expect it.  I mean, it's always the same...surprised looks, and them smiles and tears...a little boy or girl running in for a hug.  As as many times as I have seen videos of it happening at school, or football games, or on Santa's lap, or today when dad hopped off a float at the Rose Bowl Parade, it always gets a little dusty in whatever room I'm in.


No comments:

Post a Comment