As I thought, the toughest part was getting the 'dough ropes' rolled out. I think I went a little light on my water(or a little heavy on the flour)...my dough was a little dry, and somewhat 'tough'. It was very resistant to rolling and stretching into ropes. I had to do it in stages, letting it the gluten 'rest' for a bit before I got it to the right length.
After that, the braiding itself wasn't that tough...way easier than working with my daughters hair.
The finished product was tasty. A little denser than some other challah, but man, it was good with dinner(venison back back-strap and red beans and rice). There is still about half a loaf left. If it still exists after dinner tomorrow, maybe I'll make it into french toast for desert.
The recipe I used is from this site, and now that I have done it, I might mess with it a bit next time...maybe some cinnamon, or raisins. Or both.