Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

1.24.2013

Happy Birthday.

On this day, 72 years ago, the world was blessed with the birth of the GREATEST singer/songwriter EVER, one Mr. Neil Diamond. 

I was lucky enough to get a chance to go to a Neil Diamond concert during one of his stops in Seattle.  My wife was a little less excited, but once she was there, she had a great time.  Back then I was in my early 30's, and while I was in the 'younger than average' age group of those present, I wasn't the youngest(and neither was my wife). 

There is just something about Mr. Diamond.  You want to say he's nothing more than a lounge singer with his shiny shirts...but it's not that...it's like he's The King of Lounge singers...and his songs actually mean something.

And once upon a time, he was cool. 

How cool?  Here is a video of him and Johnny Cash chilling before a song(From FOURTY TWO years ago!!!!!!).  How much cooler can you get than that?


No comments:

Post a Comment