Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.19.2011

Almost as excited for this one as I am for The Avengers...

A few months ago, I lamented about the fact that I was unable to make it Seattle to see Les Miserables on it's 25th Anniversary Tour.  Someone must have heard my tears hitting the floor, because recently Hollywood rumor sites have been reporting that a motion picture version of my most beloved musical is being cast, for a planned December 2012 release.

Until recently, the only rumored cast members were Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, and Russel Crowe as Inspector Javert.  Just this week, it was confirmed that Anne Hathaway was being brought in to play the part of Fantine

I'm pretty happy with that casting so far....I am not going to question Hugh Jackman's ability to do ANYTHING that he puts his mind to, Anne Hathaway has sung before in a few movies and at some award shows(plus she just does it for me), and I have seen enough videos of Russel Crowe singing that I think he will do a fine job...he should also be able to harness some of Javert's menace.

There is still no word about who will play the other big roles, most notably the Marius, Cosette, Eponine love triangle, but as long as Nick Jonas(who DID NOT distinguish himself in the 25th Anniversary Concert.) isn't involved, I'm sure it will be fine.  The great part about making a movie instead of a live stage show is multiple takes...and there some disgustingly talented folks out there to choose from. 

I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for my phone to ring, but I am looking forward to December of 2012...if the world does end on December 21st, I'm glad this might be the last movie I get to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment