Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.18.2011

Damn...those are some good cookies...

One of the things I LOVE about this time of year is the appearance of Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies at the grocery store.  I'm a sweets guy, and I am real sucker for 'seasonal' items like these...'get 'em while you can' marketing will hook me every time.  This year though, with a dozen of them selling for $3.99 at Safeway, I decided to use the power of the internet to see just how tough they can be to make.

The answer is...not very.  I found a likely looking recipe on The Food Network, and basically, you take a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, and once you cream your sugar into the butter, and add your eggs and vanilla, you dump in a cup of pumpkin puree.  I would get pumpkin pie filling would work also, I would just leave out the ginger, nutmeg, and cloves, since that is the main difference between pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie filling.  You then add in your drys, and mix.






These cookies came out really, really good.  About 15 times better than Safeway's cookies.  So good in fact, that SWMBO, who has been on great diet(35 pounds down since May) asked me to leave her one to have with her coffee for breakfast in the morning.  There are 20 in the bag up above, to go into work with me in the morning.  They are entirely too tasty for me to have than many of them sitting around the house. 

Good news is that it only uses a cup of pumpkin puree, so I dumped the remainder of the can into a tupperware container, and popped it in the freezer, to make another batch next weekend...Oh Happy Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment