Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.26.2011

Well, my day started better than that!

On the way into work today, one of my co-workers had himself a little accident:



These things happen when you least suspect it...this one happened when the guy was less than 1.5 miles from getting to work this morning, so he was on the Hanford site climbing the last hill we have to climb before getting to our work site.  All of the sudden, this steps out in front of the car:


Go ahead and count them...it's and 8 X 8.  Not overly big in the body, but that is a pretty decent rack.  I say a pretty decent rack, because while I have never seen anything close to that size out hunting, it's not a particularly Big Bull for the Hanford Site.  I'd say he would make the upper 30% of  bulls on site.  580 square miles where the animals are untouchable, surrounded by orchards and alfalfa fields...it an okay place to be an elk. 

Sigh.  Meanwhile, I'm going to go sit in the rain this weekend in a spike only elk area...


No comments:

Post a Comment