Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.22.2011

You can't pick your allies....

Occasionally, when I am snuggling in bed with my wife and we are listening to AM Coast-to-Coast on the radio, I am struck by the thought that 'Oh my Gosh...these are the folks on MY side?!?!!?!'  No wonder we don't get taken seriously sometimes.

Enter Rush Limbaugh.  It seems the latest thing Rush did to get his name talked about was call Michelle Obama a hypocrite for not walking the walk on her 'eating healthy' campaign.  At a recent dinner in Vail, the First Lady had a very tasty sounding dinner of braised ancho-chile short ribs.  Rush jumped on this opportunity to criticize her for eating ribs a bunch of 1500 calorie a serving ribs, instead of roots, berries and tree bark. 

Look at me of all people, all open minded and defending The First Lady...but, nothing I have read about her eat Healthy/Let's Move initiative is that controversial.  It's about following the food pyramid and being more active.  Hard to get all upset about that...I even used the search function on her site, and couldn't find a single use of 'tree bark' or roots. 

Sigh....calling her a hypocrite was bad enough...even worse was this quote:

"I'm trying to say that our first lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you

What a stupid thing to say.  The women on the cover(and inside) of the Swimsuit issue are freaks...hot freaks, but still nothing approaching 'The Norm.'  Comparing ANYONE to a professional model is stupid.  As for the Alex Rodriquez comment....let's take a look at that:


This is a picture of Cameron Diaz leaving a gym over the last weekend.  It's a little different than she looked back in The Mask.  Heck...with those arms, she might almost be able to engage Michelle in a 'Gun Show'. 

Kind of makes me glad that I consider myself a Libertarian....than I can pretend for real that Rush isn't on my side...

1 comment:

  1. Rush is on Rush's side. He'll say anything for ratings. And that's the most polite thing I've said about him in 20 years.

    ReplyDelete