Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.08.2011

Stymied

I'm kind of at a loss for anything topical and controversial to right about, in my attempts to spin up the masses, and rally the commoners to my side. 

Thing 1 and Thing 2 are in their bedroom, trying to fall asleep.  It's just another way they are different.  Older daughter takes after me..my time in the Navy taught me that sleep is valuable, and I gained the ability to roll over and fall asleep RIGHT NOW when I need to.  Younger daughter and my wife are the type of people who need to get ready to fall asleep.  There are occasionally periods of time lasting a week or more where our  'biorhythms' just don't match up very well...for work I try to be in bed by 10, and wake up at sometime between 4:30 and 5....she like staying up until midnight, and the girls usually let her sleep until 8ish.

My wife is currently out in the kitchen, engaging in one of her newest hobbies, dyeing yarn.  While that dries, she will either work on some knitting, or needle felting.  She recently opened a shop on Etsy: Frolocking Fiber.  It's something she enjoys doing...any money she might happen to make would just be a validation from someone other than me that she is talented.

I am cruising the internet...primarily to research Springfield Armory's XD(m) pistol.  Over the weekend, my wife and I swung into Ranch and Home to do some pistol handling.  To my surprise, the gun that she said felt best in her hand was not the Sig, not the Browning Hi Power, not the Ruger SR9, and not the Oh So Pretty Stainless Steel Kimber 9mm...it was the XD(m).  Now, on the nice side, the Springfield is much cheaper than either the Browning or the Kimber...but....ugh...what a functional, lacking in aesthetic appeal gun it is. 

The guy at Ranch and Home told us that there is an indoor gun range in Kennewick(which I have driven by), that rents guns(which I didn't know), and that he was pretty sure they had the Springfield's in their rental selection. 

Looks like I have a good idea for a Weekend date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment