Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.13.2011

Spoiled Rotten

While making myself a tuna melt sandwich for lunch today, I decided to use one of the many cans of 'tuna in water' we have, instead of the much less numerous Starkist Pouches.  About 18 months ago, we happened upon a really good deal for the pouches, so I really can't remember when the last time was that I opened up a CAN of tuna. 

What a disappointing product compared to what comes out of the pouch...but, when mixed with the right amount of mayo and relish, then placed on toasted wheat bread, and broiled to melt some cheddar cheese on to it, the result was passable.  Not as guilt-inducing as the Taco Bell I drove past on the way home from my errands either...took a lot of will-power to not go through the drive through...but with Biscuits, Gravy and Eggs on tap for dinner tonight, I'm pretty sure I didn't need 1200 calories worth of Taco Bell for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment