Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.07.2011

Recovery

I didn't know that you could get hung-over on food, but that has to be what happened to me. 

Went to a friends house for the Super Bowl yesterday, and I ate WAY to much.  And I'm not talking too much broccoli and carrots.  I'm talking too many hamburgers, little smokies, sweet and spicy wings, jalapeno/artichoke dip, brownies, Bacon Explosion...and beer(Killians, Blue Moon, Coors Light.) 

I'm sure I'm not alone, and that 90% of the rest of the population(who cares about football) feels this way.  It was a slow start to the day, but at least the was left over wings and bacon explosion for lunch at work. 

I'm not going to review the football game...I am glad Green Bay won, just so that Rothlisberger didn't win a 3rd Super Bowl, allowing him to be compared to Tom Brady. 

One of the main Pop-Culture fall outs from the game yesterday was Christina Aguilara messing up the words to the National Anthem.  Sad yes...but, I'm going to give her a thumbs up for: Doing it live in the first place, AND for powering through and making it work.  Yes, she is a famous singer, and should be used to crowds, but I have to imagine singing the National Anthem LIVE at the Super Bowl is more stress than most people could possibly imagine. 

If she needs a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment