Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.15.2011

poop-sicle

Received a bummer of a call this afternoon from our real estate agent.  The intended buyer of our house in Belfair was not able to follow through on their intention to buy our house.  Apparently the buyers had a set of defaulted Student Loans on their credit history, from about 6 years ago.  Being defaulted FEDERAL Student Loans, it seems the FEDERAL Government was not willing to underwrite the loan to buy our house. 

It really shouldn't come as a huge surprise...10 days ago, prior to the 1st  date targeted for closing, we had to extend because if loan issues...I guess I should be looking at the fact that it would have been a pleasant surprise if things HAD worked out. 

There is an old saying...are you really paranoid IF everyone is really out to get you?  Same kind of goes here...do you really count as a pessimist if things do eventually go wrong?  I'm trying to stay positive, but part of me wants to use this as an excuse to laps into a pity-party for at LEAST the rest of the night. 

I should know better than looking beyond what is immediately in front of me.  What sucks is as we were getting closer to the closing date, we were starting to plan the next step.  We were going to use some of the closing money to buy pretty decent Anniversary gifts for each other.  Because of the move, and the fact that we knew for a FEW months at least we were going to be paying both rent and a mortgage, we went light on Christmas, hoping instead to splurge for our 10th Anniversary. 

We were also working up towards a pretty major decision in regards to housing.  As bad as living in this apartment stinks, my wife and I were starting to lean towards not immediately jumping into a new house when our apartment lease is up in June.  There were two reasons for this:  1) In September, when the 'Stimulus' money runs out, there is expected to be about 1800 people laid-off.  That could affect local prices enough that waiting a while would be worth it.  PLUS...I am not sure I made the correct decision, taking this job.  While I didn't expect Rainbows and Unicorns, I also didn't expect what I have gotten myself into.  If I knew what I knew now 6 months ago...I am not sure I would have uprooted my family to take this job.  I have to stay in the job at least 18 months to not pay back my relocation assistance...waiting to jump into a house will give me more time to see how things shake out.  Hopefully, the more familiar I get with the job, the less bad days I will have. 

2) is this property: 20 Acres with Yurt.

If the house does close, we are going to come out ahead...like enough ahead to put over 50% down for this 20 acres with a yurt.  My wife and I have been talking about wanting some kind of vaction/get away/GET AWAY FROM PEOPLE property for a while...this would fit that bill.  If we don't want to buy a house right away, jumping into this property might a morale raising thing to do for our future. 

Anyone want to buy a house in Belfair?

No comments:

Post a Comment