Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.09.2011

Sugar!

Having picked up a boatload of Cherry and Apple Pie fillings when they were on sale for the Holidays a couple of years ago, and also possessing many, many boxes of cake and brownie mix, a favorite easy desert around the house is Dump Cake.  Boiled down to it's most basic, you take your powdered cake mix, maybe mix in an egg-or-two(recipes vary), and then dump in a can of your pie filling. Stir to remove the lumps, pour it in a 9 X 13 pan, and bake until it sets. 

Today, being bored with basics, my wife made some internet recommend additions...namely, placing blobs of marshmallow fluff strategically on top of the cake while it is baking.  My only real complaint, if you can call it that, is that to eat the whole bowl of it I got for myself, I needed to fill my cup with milk twice.

A basket full of kittens is not as sweet as this cake is. 

1 comment: