Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.18.2011

Wrapped around the axel.

I am not sure why what's going on in Wisconsin in regards to their Democratic Senators running off makes me so mad.  My only exposure to Wisconsin has been cutting across the southern part of it twice on I-90.  I will admit that I have looked at the nuclear power plant in Twin Creeks as a possible place of employment, and that they opportunity to hunt more than one deer a year is intriguing.  In my mind, theoretical Wisconsin is a place of cows, cheese, and rolling green hills over run with 200 pound whitetails. 

Not sniveling, petulant politicians who need to get over themselves.  And it's just getting worse, and making me see red. 

The newest thing is this:   Wisconsin Democrats Could stay away for Weeks.

Sen. Jon Erpenbach, who was among those who fled, said Friday that the group was prepared to be away for weeks, although he would like the standoff to end as soon as possible.
I hope to Gosh Up in Heaven that if these chuckle heads really stay gone for weeks, they at least stop getting paychecks.  Their JOB is to represent their constituents in the Wisconsin State Legislature, not a Chicago Hotel...and who the hell is paying for their hotels in Chicago?  If it turns out that their unauthorized vacation in beautiful Illinois is being charged to the taxpayers....I'll...I'll...well, not being a Wisconsin resident all I can really do is blob about it again. 

Then there are the teachers.  Earlier I expressed sympathy for the teachers, acknowledging that if anyone has the right to be upset about the direction and speed with which this bill was moving, it is them.  In Madison at least, they have lost my sympathy.  They had to close school in Madison because 40% of the teachers called in sick to join the protest at the Capital.  To me, that is an illegal Strike.  If they don't have a doctors note when they return to work, FIRE THEM. 

Bah.  Glad stuff like this can't happen in Washington, where our Democratic Governor and Democratically controlled legislature don't have the gumption to make hard decisions like this. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember Democrat senators from here in Texas doing pretty much the same thing a few years back. I would not be at all surprised if they did it again this year, as there's a Republican super-majority in both houses.

    ReplyDelete