Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.01.2011

Joining...for real this time

About six times now, I have printed out applications to become a member of the Tri-Cities Shooting Association.  Twice, I have even filled out the application, just to misplace it, or throw it out when it gets wrinkled.  Now, a month into the new year, I'm finally going to mail in an application for my family. 

The TCSA runs a range out at the Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility, northwest of Richland.  One of my co-workers is a range officer there, and it sounds like a pretty nice set-up.  1100 acres with: 100 yard pistol/rifle range that has gongs out to 400 yards, a separate .22 plinker range with lots of spinners, sporting clays and trap, and then a 1000-yard rifle range for the .50 caliber shooters.  

If only the weather stays cold and I can resist the urge to go shooting between now and when I get my membership card back in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment