Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.02.2011

Happy Birthday!

After wasting my last Happy Birthday wish on Neil Diamond, I decided to ratchet this one up a bit, and get us back on track, appreciating the natural beauty which this world has graced us with. 





Born on this date WAY back in 1977, Shakira( Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll) is unquestionably(to my taste at least) one of the most beautiful women in the world who doesn't already live with me.  Even more impressive than her attractiveness is her talent.  Normally, my musical tastes tend to classic rock, power rock, and country....that doesn't mean I don't recognize talent in other genre's...especially when that talent looks like Shakira. 

Her voice talent is very unique.  I'm not sure she would be my choice for a lead role in a Broadway Musical, but what she does, she does good.  A good example would be this video with Beyonce, also very unique vocal talent(quite beautiful also).  This video comes quite close to the SNL Chipendales video in terms of overall enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Waqy95zsFfI&feature=fvst

Hmmm...youtube won't let embed this one....Neil Diamond okay...two of the hottest women in the world, not okay. 

Healthy athletic build, unique voice, Grammy Awards, AND she gives back.  Shakira has donated large amounts of time, and money(when she isn't living on a private Caribbean Island(without me)) to her Charity Foundation, the Pies Descalzos Foundation, which funds schools for poor children in Columbia.  Last data I could find said she had opened up 6 schools so far.  Of course, when you are Shakira, and you can convince the King of Spain to donate $5 Million to your charity by winking at him, it's easier to have a charitable foundation. 

Happy 34th Birthday Shakira...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment