Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.24.2012

Too much of a good thing.

Beer is Good.

Bacon is Good.

Maple Bars are good.

Bacon Maple Bars from Voodoo Doughnuts are REALLY good.  Had one back in April last year, and the only thing I liked more was their Memphis Fritter(banana, peanut butter and chocolate). 

However...Rogue Ales Bacon Maple Ale is not what I would call good. 



I'm a pretty big fan of Scotch Ales and Smoked Porters...and I liked the first few sips...it had a smokieness to it...but then, something that didn't quite taste like maple.  And the smoke wasn't really a bacony smoke. 

In short, I didn't really like it.  In fact, I comitted quite a beer foul...I didn't even finish the bottle...I just didn't think it was worth the calories. 

Some experiments just aren't needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment