Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.02.2012

Appreciate the assistance!

This evening, while pawing through my zucchini plants to see what was ready to come in, I found a cute little triangular head looking at me.  It took me a second to realize what I was looking at...I had a cute little mantis protecting my zucchini from the raving hordes of insects wanting to do my plants harm!

I'm kind of bummed that I didn't have my cell phone in my pockets so I could take a picture.  It was a pretty bug, and I hope it sticks around...there are still plenty of bugs left in the garden...hell, I'm fine with her inviting some friends over to hang out in my tomatoes for a couple of days. 

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I'm seriously considering buying mantis eggs for next year....

    ReplyDelete