Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

1.29.2012

Victory!

Despite my displeasure with Tyson's Bacon yesterday, I rolled forward with making Brigid's Bacon Maple Whiskey Scones

One of the guys I work with got a job at the Point Beach Nuke Plant in Wisconsin, which is within half an hour of where he and his wife grew up.  I don't blame him for jumping on the opportunity, but I will make him question it...and these scones are the first step of that.



They were pretty popular, and I got two marriage offers.  Luckily, they are talking about making same sex marriage legal her in Washington...I'm not settling for a 'Civil Union'. 

The only thing I changed from Brigid's recipe was the alcohol.  I didn't have any open whiskey, so I grabbed the bottle of Sailor Jerry's spiced rum instead.  There is so little of it in the recipe that I don't think it made a difference.

I think that is the secret of this recipe...subtlety.  Yeah, it's got bacon, but nothing is overpowering.  You have the bacon, and a hint of the maple syrup...

These will get made again...

No comments:

Post a Comment