Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

1.28.2012

And what am I supposed to do with THAT!!?!!?!??!

My wife, in a usually very successful attempt to be a frugal housewife, has become quiet the sales follower and coupon user. 

A few weeks ago, one of the stores had bacon on a buy one get one free special, and with the coupon my wife had, she was going to be able to get some bacon for like $2.50 a pound, which isn't bad.  It wasn't a brand we usually get, so she didn't go hog(heh heh) wild...I think she only bought 4 packages.

I'm glad that's all she got.  Today, I woke up all kinds of motivated.  This evening, we are going to a little get together at a friends house, and I decided I might try to make Brigid's Bacon Maple Whiskey Scones

The bacon I pulled out of the freezer was the stuff my wife bought.  When I opened up the package, this is what I found:



What is the hell is that!?!?!?!?  That has got to be just about the sorriest excuse for bacon that I have seen in my life.  I mean...really?!?!?!?! 

Not to be deterred, I did what I should have done in the first place, instead of being too lazy to work my way to the back of the freezer...broke open one of my packages of butcher block bacon I had bought a few months ago. 

After action report on how the scones turned out to follow.  For now though, I recommend staying away from the Tyson Thick Cut Bacon...even on sale, I didn't even come close to getting my money's worth. 

1 comment:

  1. Yah, recently started buying bacon fom a butcher....hven't been able to go back!

    ReplyDelete