Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

1.23.2012

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight...

Just bring your anger. 

In a 'Oh my Gosh, I'm not sure I'm that tough/brave/stupid' story, a 49-year old mini-mart owner LOST HIS MIND, and decided to fight back against a guy that was robbing his store. 

Things weren't exactly evenly matched...the robber had a sawed-off shotgun, and Ramon Valdez had nothing but his rage.  Mr. Valdez started off doing the smart thing...he hid in his bathroom and called the police.  After doing that though, he took a peek out of the bathroom, and the sight of this guy rifling through his desk was too much to bear.  He charged the guy, and managed to protect his property(and his life).

'Angry' mini-mart manager lucky to be alive after robbery

Man oh man...I'm not sure I have the cojones to do that.  Oh...if I was being threatened, I would fight back instead of going down easy...but it sounds like Mr. Valdez would have been pretty safe hiding out in his bathroom.  Maybe if I had a gun on me, or hidden in the bathroom, you could think about confronting the guy if you think you have the drop on him...but, having to charge him, and then wrestle with him for it...does your life flash before your eyes when that gun goes off?

The best part of the story is the honor among thieves part.  Not only does 39-year old David Vickers get his shotgun taken from him, and then have it used to beat him over the head...his buddy driving the get-away car LEAVES him to get his ass-kicked. 

Brilliant!

Mr. Ramon Valdez, you are one hell of a man...just don't do it again. 

Charging a man with a sawed-off shotgun is not something you want to have to try more than once. 

No comments:

Post a Comment